Lion, source lists and hiding scrollbars?
Michael Dupuis
2011-07-28 17:52:43 UTC
Is it just me, or something I'm doing wrong, or does NSOutlineView not get proper notification if you don't have the "Show scroll bars" setting set to "Always", causing the new "Hide" control in a source list to not get displayed in its proper location unless you resize the list?

I've tried a variety of ways to compensate, but it's not in my custom cell, it happens even for a generic NSTextField cell. It appears that when the scroll bars get hidden, the outline view isn't updated, so unless you resize it manually, hovering over the row in the source list causes it to be displayed in the wrong location, resulting in it being partially truncated. It seems to work just fine if the scroll bars are always there.

Am I missing some way to respond to this change? Is this a new-OS bug that needs to be filed?