downloadWindowForAuthenticationSheet: confusion
Christiaan Hofman
2010-10-13 16:03:10 UTC
I am very much confused by the documentation on the WebDownload delegate method downloadWindowForAuthenticationSheet:. The docs say:

Return Value
An NSWindow object into which the WebDownload object should draw its authentication sheet.

Discussion
The default implementation prompts the user for authentication using the standard WebKit authentication panel, as either a sheet or window.

Now to me this says that the window this method returns is in fact the authentication sheet, and that any implementation should somehow run its own authentication sheet instead of the standard one. That makes absolutely no sense to me, and I am pretty sure that's wrong. But I really cannot read this in any other way, and I am pretty confident about my understanding of the English language.

I would think that this method returns a window (or nil) to which the standard authentication sheet should be attached (note I say "to which...should be attached", which is something very different from "into which...should draw"). Am I correct?

Thanks,
Christiaan