Lion's full screen and secondary windows
Christiaan Hofman
2011-07-21 12:33:17 UTC
In my document based apps each document has a main window and can have several secondary windows. The main windows should be allowed to go full screen. However, once in full screen, it should be possible to still see the secondary windows that belong to the same document. So in the new Lion full screen feature, that uses a separate space for the full screen window, how can I make the secondary windows move to the space reserved for the main full screen window?

I know about NSWindowCollectionBehaviorFullScreenAuxiliary, but that only says something about the type of window, not which full screen window (and therefore space) they should belong to. I.e., I only want the secondary windows of that belong to the /same/ document to appear on that space. AFAIK there is still no API for the space that a window appears on.

thanks,
Christiaan